Posted: 31.08.2010
Updated on: 17.12.2012


Palli, Pallika

Pali, Rajasthan, India

View Larger Map


Pali is a town in Rajasthan state of western India. Located in the Marwar region, Pali is the administrative headquarters of Pali District. It is situated on the bank of the river Bandi and is 72 km south east of Jodhpur. It is known as "The Industrial City".

Pali (formerly known as Pallika and Palli) was a trade centre. In the 11th century AD, Pali was ruled by the Guhilas of Mewar. In the 12th century it became a part of the Nadol kingdom and was ruled by the Chauhan clan. In 1153 AD it was ruled by Chalukya Kumarpal and his feudatory Vahadadeva. Then it came under possession of Songara Chauhans of Jalore.


Share this page on: